Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Princess Vanessa riding her first bike

123 like a bird I sing
Cause you've givin' me the most beautiful set of wings
And I'm so glad you're here today
Cause tomorrow I might have to go and fly away
 (sung by Tim Mcgraw).

This describes the way I feel about Vanessa turning 4 and riding her first "big girl' bike. I have given this precious angel a set of wings and she is making the most of it. I can't believe she is old enough to ride a bike with training wheels. It seems like only yesterday I was helping her to walk. The milestones I have had the pleasure of taking with Vanessa is priceless. I have been able to experience all of her firsts with her and am so proud of the little girl she is at 4 years old. Of course, I would like her to not to say a few choice phrases she has learned from the older kids(maybe mom too) and to learn to control her temper a little bit better, but perhaps that will be a milestone to look forward to at 5 years old, LOL! Here is Vanessa's first bike story......


Mike and I bought Vanessa a bike for her 4th birthday. She was so excited when Mike put it together and couldn't wait to ride it. She had the complete safety gear. Helmet, elbow pads, knee pads and gloves. She jumped on the bike and with very few instructions, was ready to ride. We went up and down our road and she did such a great job with pedaling forward and using the brake when needed.



I will admit, I cried. It's bitter sweet to see my baby on her first bike, riding like a pro, and looking back to make sure mom was still there. Vanessa did have a couple of falls but she got right back on the bike and kept on going.





I am so proud of my daughter and am glad I got to share this very special moment with her.  Vanessa and I had a great time, it's a memory I will cherish forever!!

No comments:

Post a Comment